The Consorzio per la Tutela del Vino GRAVINA DOC was established in December2000, with the mission of protecting the denomination by unifying together all of the area’s wine-related businesses, whether winegrowers, processors, or simply bottlers.
The Consorzio was officially recognised by decree of the Ministry of Agricultural and Forest Policies on 4 July 2001, and it was entrusted with comprehensive powers of protection of the DOC GRAVINA, with its Production Code, by:
DPR 04.06.1983 GU N. 23 – 24.01.1984
later modified by
DM 25.10.2010 GU N. 262 – 09.11.2010 (S.O. N. 245)
DM 30.11.2011 PUBBLICATO SUL SITO UFFICIALE DEL MIPAAF
The Consorzio, by statute, is vested with the following primary organisational responsibilities:
– Uniting together the producers of the denomination;
– Fostering and improving the vitivinicultural knowledge and culture of said producers;
– Analysing and improving the Production Code;
– Monitoring all production process steps and member compliance with regulations;
– Serving as liaison between area producers and local, regional, national, and international official entities.
In addition, the Consorzio has other, no-less important activities, including:
– Creation of internal organisms for coordination of Consorzio activities;
– Technical assistance to producers;
– Marketing and sales assistance;
– Promotional and educational assistance;
– Professional training.
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.
Gravina DOC Gravina DOC